Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Some people just don't know better

If there is one thing you should not do is interrupt my Dallas Cowboys game. Do not call me, email me, send smoke signals, or yell in my windows. You will be ignored. Unless you bring beer and will wait to speak during commercials.

So when the phone rang just before the end of the 2nd quarter, I ignored it. I can listen to the voice mail during a commercial or at the half. When I did check it out, it turned out to be my boss testing the emergency continuity plan. Great! Ends up all I had to do was call a number to get the "phrase that pays" and email it to her. Good thing they didn't expect me to go anywhere. The Sprecher Amber was tasting mighty good and I was feeling mighty fine. As important as that may be, it still shouldn't interrupt my Cowboys game. Or my drinking.

See, even though I do get to see America's Team quite a bit on TV in Wisconsin, I still want to focus on the game and watch them play. Win or lose, I am watching. Even the preseason game they had on. All you need to do is watch the first half to see how good your team is and even then you can wait for the true test- the third preseason game. But being on heavy withdrawal from football, I was tuned in and ready to see how the new defense would perform and see if Bledsoe would be worthy of Danny White's number.

Overall, I was pleased. The good was Julius Jones running hard and strong. It took him some carries to get going but he did. He looked really good on the TD drive. Bledsoe was ok at best. I was disappointed they didn't play Tyson Thompson, the speedster. I wanted to see the speed I have read about. Another highlight was the lack of false starts this week.

On defense, it wasn't as good. The Seahawks passed at will in the first half. I don't know how much they schemed (they play again in Week 6) for this offense, but I hope it wasn't much. The pass defense looked bad. However, DeMarcus Ware was phenomenal. Sack, fumble, interception. He was a terror. Just what you want to see out of a #1 pick. In the second half, Justin Beriault was focused on by MNF and he shined as well. From the mold of Bill Bates (even wears #40), the guy can blitzed and hit. Hard. Trouble is they already a hard hitting free safety. He should be able to make the team as a nickel back as long as he doesn't get injured.

Preseason W's don't mean a thing, but the Cowboys played well enough last night. Now they need to carry it forward back home against the Texans. Week 1 will be tough and they need to build any momentum they can.


On my way to work today, I saw two things. One made me a bit mad, while the other made me laugh. I would like to bitchslap the a-hole who believed it was ok to dump all the trash along side the road. There had to be a dozen fast food bags littered along the street a couple blocks from my house. Like someone drove by and just threw it all out the window. Lazy bastards. It doesn't take much more effort to throw it in a dumpster.

Thankfully I was pulled out of the anger by a couple crossing the street ahead of me. A guy and girl maybe in their late teens to early twenties. They appeared to be talking. Or maybe I should say SHE was talking. She was giving him holy hell! As I got close I noticed the look on his face as he tried to defend himself to no avail. Her hands are in the air, waving about. He has no chance. Just take it dude. For his sake, I hope he at least got some make-up sex out of it.

I am finally getting my ass in gear and getting my reservations set for AlCantHang's Bash at the Boathouse. Anyone want to go? I am looking to free up booze money by sharing a suite. Let me know by leaving a comment.

Finally, I couldn't help but notice the sticker on the Del Monte banana today. #4011. Is that the inspector of the banana. Have there been only 4011 banana inspectors in the history of Del Monte? Like waiting tables at Hooters, I think only women should inspect bananas. Would any guy in his right mind claim to be a banana inspector? Am I the only one who thinks of strange stuff like this?

2 comments:

AletaR said...

I find those little "inspected by" tags that free float in your new package of underwear or my hubbies packages of T shirts very annoying. Like you're going to save the tag incase somethings wrong so they can track them down. There's a task for you!! Track down your banana inspector.

Unknown said...

Oh, poor Cowboy fan. My Eagles will win the division, yet again.