Thursday, November 03, 2005

Things that go drip in the night

Beside hearing my cat puking, the only other sound I do not want to hear is water dripping. Never a good sign.

Especially at 1 in the morning.

It seemed like the day had turned around. Though I was stuck at work an hour later than usual, traffic wasn't too bad (on the side streets that is) and I got home at a decent hour before my friend E would show up to take a look at my furnace. He couldn't find out the what was causing the rusting for now. But then we went to look at the garage door opener that was suddenly working. I guess when I got home and opened the door, it re-engaged somewhere. Don't know how but I was happy it was working again.

So I headed out to enjoy a bucket of beer with friends. Ran into some others and had a good time. When my head hit the pillow, I had a nice buzz going.

Until I heard that dripping. Not good at all. It is in the same area I had a problem with over a year ago. So I have a good idea of what it is. I figured there was nothing I could do at 1 am, so I set up a bucket and went back to try and get some sleep. I figure I would call in to work to take the day off and get a plumber.

But then I got to thinking. Do I really want to take Thursday off? Especially since I could have Friday off. No. Need to have this taken care of immediately. So when the alarm went off, I got out of bed to see how bad it was.

There was no dripping. Was it a dream? No, not that lucky. But with it being dry, it told me it may not be a water supply line, but possibly a drain or maybe something on my tenant's kitchen sink. I may not need a plumber afterall, but that is highly doubtful. It did make my decision somewhat easier though. I would go into work, and take a look around the upper flat's sink tonight. If I cannt find anything there, I will rip open the ceiling (which was repaired a year ago) and find the leak. I will then have a plumber in tomorrow.

I will also go get ripped tonight. Get my mind off the hit to the wallet.

From the things that only amuse me file: I find it funny how I watched the Detroit Red Wings play hockey on OLN- the Outdoor Life Network, while also watching the World Series of Poker on ESPN. Not quite sure what is so "outdoor life" about hockey but I am not complaining. Any hockey on TV is good. But I did like it when it was on ESPN2 all the time. That way I usually did get the Red Wings once or twice a week.

1 comment:

AlCantHang said...

Prepare for the dial-a-shots!