Saturday, January 21, 2006

The difference 24 hours can make

Yesterday at noon, it looked like any fall day may look. Overcast. Brown grass. Dry streets.
Now, there are 4 inches of snow on the ground. Sunny and the streets are slushy as the ice begins to melt.

Just old man winter reminding us it is January. It should be in the 20s and have 8 inches of snow on the ground.

Like most drinkers in the world, I took the opportunity to drive in the snow to Big Mommas to watch hockey and drink 32oz cups of beer. Interesting how more people show up at bars when the snow is coming down hard. Throw your cares to the wind. Forget shoveling or staring the snow blower. Go suck down big beers until they kick you out.

So when the old man next door was shoveling this morning, it was a slap in the face, reminding me of what lay ahead. I cleaned up my sidewalk early and then headed to take care of my mother's. Now that that is done, it is time for my reward. I think I will head out to Hooters for beer and wings. I have worked hard. I need to relax.

No comments: