Wednesday, August 30, 2006

We'll be able to blame this guy

As most of you are noticing, gas prices are trying to go back down. Today I paid $2.89/gallon. It will probably be a nickel less by the weekend.

Traditionally, gas prices go down at the end of summer. Once Labor Day hits, they tail off into the fall and winter months. Just in time for me to put away the Mustang and get out the Explorer.

But don't be surprised if that doesn't happen. I am not saying gas prices will go back up, nor do I want that. But if they do, we can all blame this guy.

Closer to $2 than $3? If that doesn't sound like an inadvertent kibosh on the whole thing, I don't know what does. Fred Rozell, I am keeping an eye on this. I hope you are right on this one. I will then blame you for making the phrase "Beer- it's cheaper than gasoline" temporarily obsolete.

I also think the guy who was driving the faux monster truck yesterday is hoping Freddie boy is right as well. I just about ran over the median when I saw this pickup truck jacked up, trying to look all Bigfoot-like. What goes through the mind of someone to drive in public with that kind of vehicle? Are all of his friends in awe of his vehicle? Do they get supremely jealous that they don't have such a cool ride like his?

Makes me also wonder if the guys who take the pickup truck and make it a lowrider, putting on the tiny wheels so the truck barely skims the ground think monster truck guy is a dork.

1 comment:

Pokerwolf said...

What goes through the mind of someone to drive in public with that kind of vehicle?

"Dammit, I forgot my step-ladder again!"