Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Women

I had just finished walking through the store, tossing random bits of food into my cart, when I headed to the checkout. There I saw the tale of 3 women.

The first lady was wearing some nurse's scrubs. Maybe a dental hygenist or a nurse. Looked to be in her late 20's, maybe early 30's. She was cute, but looked tired. If she was any fun, she probably wasn't going to be tonight. Oh, she was with some guy and they had a mountain of food on the belt. Yeah, unless the guy got a bottle of wine into her, she wasn't going to be any fun at all.

But had to be more fun that the lady in front of me in line. Late 40's or so. Had all kinds of health food she was buying. Lots of veggies and fruit. Low sugar and carb stuff. I wonder if that was adding to the growth of the mustache she was sporting. Every time she turned I saw those hairs under her lip shine against the light. Her mustache was hanging over her lip. I was tempted to toss a Gillette Mach 3 in her bag when she wasn't looking. It would take a bottle of SoCo and some Edge Gel to get her to have fun.

Next I tried to figure out if the young girl (maybe 18 or 19) working the register would be any fun. Doubted it. She could be an attractive girl if she ever smiled. It was sad looking at her. She looked like she had a constant frown. Very pessimistic, probably hated her job. I would be half a bottle of Dr. McGillicuddy's would make her into a little vixen though.

The rest of the store was the usual freak show. One hyper kid literally bouncing and running all over the place. The trailer park family wearing the dirty sweatpants. One big guy who had to have had 2/3 of his body weight above his waistline, mainly in his chest. He looked like a walking drumstick with a head.

Maybe I should have shopped for food on a Wednesday when the entertainment is even better.

No comments: