Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Pizza

I tried to sleep in yesterday morning. After watching the Cowboys game, I knew it would take some time for the adrenaline to diminish so I could ease into sleep. So when the alarm went off at 5:40, I smacked the snooze a number of times. Of course the cat wanted to be fed so I smacked it too. Just kidding.

I got into work about 40 minutes later than normal. I had a late afternoon meeting that would keep me there until 6. Oh wait. Check the calendar and the meeting is scheduled from 4:30 to 6:30. Shit!

As the day went on, I started to think about what I would have for supper. I don't have much food in the house right now since I will be bashing this weekend. It doesn't make sense to go to the store to buy food I won't eat until next week. As I thought it over for 3 hours, I figured I could get a pizza on the way home.

Why do pizza places close on Mondays? Except for the major chains, all local pizza places on the south side are closed on Mondays. ??? I should open a place that is opened only on Monday just to show those pie tossers a thing or two.

Anyways, I figure I could stop at Papa Johns on the way home. I checked out the website and saw I could have them deliver. But that would have been like $5 extra considering their delivery charge and tip. I can get me a couple beers for $5 so I wasn't doing that. I figured after the meeting I could order the za and stop on the way home.

Only problem was I didn't order the za. Halfway home I remembered. I then figured I didn't want to stop in and wait for 30 minutes in case they were busy because every other fuggin' pizza place on the south side was closed.

In the end, I ate some turkey out of a can. It was rather disgusting. Tonight I am getting that damn pizza. And beer with the $5 I will save by picking it up.

I guess I have inspired another to start up their own blog. Check out Aleta at You Named Me After Who? After reading a bit I say that it is good enough to pimp and add to the links, even though she stole the title of yesterday's post from me and won't admit it.

I watched the premiere of the Amazing Race last night. Do they go out of their way to find the most annoying people that they can? I find it hard to like any of these teams.
The one legged girl and guy seem ok.
The dude and his girlfriend fight too much already.
The guy with his lesbian daughter? That seemed too awkward when during the interview he says he is disappointed in her.
The gay guys? No way! Too gay and too whiny.
The Islamics? Gone!
The Kentucky couple? Ha! They barley make any sense when they talk.
The black, single mothers? I liked them when they got going. They seemed likable until they started ragging on the one legged girl because, well, she had just one leg and was able to board the plane ahead of them. Oh, and because she can run faster than either of them.
The two young punk models are too prissy. They make it sound like they have been through hell and back because of their addiction. They are probably on the show as a boost to their careers.
The cheerleaders and beauty queens are nice eye candy, but do you really want to hear cheers or how some chick won a pageant? Hopefully they get to a water event quickly so we can see all 4 in bikinis. But not too quickly so the moms and the KY wife are still in it. Yack!
The Asian brothers could do well but even though they went to Harvard and MIT(?), they seem to be rather common sense stupid.
The Indian couple may have been the most likable in the entire group. But they are gone.

Tough crowd to handicap. First instinct was the the one legged girl, the Asian bros, and the models. But with eliminations happening in between pit stops, it becomes even harder to handicap. You cannot have one bad day. I am putting my money on... the cheerleaders. Something tells me that they will squeak this one out. Or at least they will not get eliminated until they are shown in bikinis.

And eating pizza.

No comments: