Thursday, September 07, 2006

Scabs on my butt

Scabs on my butt. That is what I may have at the end of the day. To bed at 1, up at 5:30. I need more sleep than that.

Some people can get by on 4-5 hours of sleep. I can't. I need 7 minimum, but prefer 8. In fact, if I sleep more than 8 hours, I feel tired all day. But 4 hours isn't going to cut it for me.

I was up playing poker last night, a charity event. Came in 2nd. I would have come in first but I ran out of beer at home. Yes, poor planning. It is like I am paying for it twice over. Little sleep and not enough of a buzz from the beer last night.

The local media seems to be ignoring the comments of their favorite son. Brett Favre said that he would consider playing elsewhere if the Packers decided to move on without him. Many Packer fans will swear up and down that Favre would never play for any other team. They like to think they know him like their next door neighbor. They insist he would never wear another uniform. Well, apparently he would. Fact is, he should be playing for another team this year. The Packers are not a good football team. Favre knows it. He may have been trying to get the team to trade him in the offseason by delaying his decision on whether to retire or not. If Ted Thompson was smart, he would deal him and get whatever he could. Hell, the Redskins would pay big for him. Not 1st round pick big, but probably a 3rd. Deal him while you can. People it is football, not the end of the world.

Football starts up tonight. The game should be a good one. I have the Dolphins beating a Rothlisburger-less team. Then is it on to Sunday where the Cowboys-Jaguars game should be a good one. I like the Cowboys chances to make the playoffs this year, and if things fall in to place- or the offensive line doesn't fall down- they could make a good run. More on that tomorrow.

No comments: