Tuesday, October 10, 2006

What Monday night?

Some days, you just don't know what the hell you are doing.

Yesterday was one of those days. Pretty much everything I did was out of character.

Drank a couple cups of coffee in the morning. Ate lunch early (chili cheese dog- ack!). Drank a lot of Mello Yello to try to stay awake. Stayed late for a meeting. Went home and crashed. Woke up at 11 wondering what the hell happened.

Maybe it was the chili cheese dog that ruined my day. I usually don't eat food like that. For lunch, I am usually eating on the healthy side. I am a fan of the big salad for lunch if they aren't having anything good for the main meal. But there are times where I am in a rush or there is a line in the cafeteria. Then I take what is available. Thus, the chili cheese dog.

That may have lead to me hitting the wall. At about 2 pm, I was out of it. Enter the Mello Yello to try and keep me awake. I probably should have had more coffee. The sugar did nothing for me. And I usually try to avoid sugar. By the time my late meeting was starting at 3, I was nodding off. I manage to make it through the meeting- offering to take the lead on a project (what the hell was I thinking in my tired state?) and even drive through the ghetto on the way home.

Once I got home, I turned on the pc to check email but never got there. Instead, I went to check out my "fictional sport wagering account" (hey we all know that is illegal and I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of the law) thinking I had my butt handed to me on Sunday. I was surprised to see that I had more money than before! Apparently I was only giving 8 with Carolina and it was a push. To think I was pissing and moaning on Sunday that I lost the game by a hook! No need to put all my cash on Baltimore to make up for the losses. Whew! Another bullet dodged!

I then made it to the couch where I crashed. I felt the cat jump up on top of me and begin to purr, seeking some attention. I did my best to ignore him. It worked and I was soon sleeping. A couple hours later, I was awake at 11, starving and wondering what happened to my night.

I moved to the bed and slept until 4. Four in the morning came without a warning and I was wide awake. I pissed an hour away trying to get back to sleep before getting my butt out of bed and coming into work.

As much as I hoped to find out it wasn't true, I was wrong. I had a number of emails from my boss with info on the project. Damn, that part wasn't a dream!

I didn't spend much time actually working either. I did search around for vehicles. I feel like I am back to square one. Most of the used Escapes were on the pricey side. I find it hard to buy a vehicle for $15k that has over 70,000 miles on it and is only 3-4 years old. Oh, a vehicle that I will drive for only 5-6 months out of the year. Maybe I am better keeping the Explorer for another year or two. Thanks for the feedback though.

No comments: