Monday, November 06, 2006

Awake at 1

Maybe I was still in shock from the Cowboys game. Or maybe it was the consumption of mass quantities of beer wearing off. Or the tuba in the room that kept going off every couple of minutes. Whatever it was, I just couldn't get back to sleep.

I tossed and turned for hours. I heard the city outside sweeping up leaves. Why are they sweeping leaves at 2 in the morning? Does that vehicle really need to beep when backing up? I though about a number of things from the weekend. I find it amusing how people jump to a conclusion based on how you words things in a blog. I sat there wondering why I didn't get my credit card statement for a store. I was happy that I was giving my opponent a royal ass kicking in fantasy football. There was a different fantasy that had nothing to do with football. I thought of the brake job on the truck and how I needed to remember to drive that to work so I could drop it off afterwards. I thought of a lot of things.

Before I knew it, 3 had arrived. Then 4. I finally got some sleep in and proceeded to have a dream about my alarm going off right away. Wow, what is wrong with my brain.

I did get up when the alarm went off for real, around 5:30. I felt alive, ready to go for the day.

But something wasn't quite right. Maybe it was the idiots on the freeway that suddenly had to drive 50 because there was a bit of rain. Or the slow walking chick I got stuck behind when entering the building. Something had me a bit cranky.

Ah, it was my co-worker and her dumb comments. Like the first thing she said..."Did you watch any football this weekend?" Um....what? Did I watch any football this weekend? What kind of fucking question is that? Did I watch any football this weekend? Is a frog's ass water tight? Of course I watched football you twit!

She then proceeded to show me pictures of her new dog. I did the right thing and feigned interest. It made her happy and I knew it would be the only way to get her to shut up. Unfortunately, I will have to hear the same story numerous times today and probably tomorrow. Everyone that comes in will have to hear about this dog.

Shoot me now.

No comments: