Thursday, January 18, 2007

Snow, gas, poker, cat

It was snowing when I left the house today. That means I will be doing some shoveling later. The walks were already covered and somehow I don't think the sun will be out to melt it during the day. This is drag-the-shovel-up-and-down-the-sidewalk snow. Not much but enough that you have to clean it up so it doesn't become a nuisance in case it really snows more.

****
Filled up the tank for only $2.05/gal this morning. Just under 14 gallons into the tank and the cost was not over $30! I feel like celebrating. A month ago, that would have cost me around $33. I just saved close to 2 beers!

****
Though $2.05 is a good price, it will probably pale in comparison in a week. The local paper keeps touting about places with gas for less than 2 bucks but those are all suburbs, and in some case, 15-20 miles out. How about reporting what it is in the city instead of trying to create a news story?

****
Stayed up later playing poker so I am running on 5.5 hours of sleep. I need a good 7 to be functional. Maybe that is why I am going with bits of things today instead of one long rant.

****
The cat is heading like a horse lately. Waking me up at 4 in the morning just to get fed. Little bastard. At least he gives up after about 10 minutes of whining. Most of the time I can get back to sleep so it ain't all bad.

****
I heard my mama cry,
I heard her pray the night Chicago died.

****
Is it crazy to think about scheduling a dentist appointment the day after the Super Bowl? Would the dentist get mad if I fell asleep while he was digging in my mouth?

****
I hate co-workers who cannot make a decision. They always want someone to validate what they are going to do instead of taking the ball and running with it.

****
I am upset that Verne Troyer (mini me) checked into rehab. I have him in a Dead Pool and was sure he would drink himself to death. Now he is a quitter. C'mon, you probably have other issues from your dwarfness, enjoy life with a cocktail in your hand.

No comments: