Saturday, February 24, 2007

Beer, pizza, and poker

It was only 5 inches of snow on the ground this morning. Yes, only 5. The other foot will drop tonight. The weathermen say we could have blizzard conditions by 6.

Nice. That means I have about 6 hours to stockpile on the necessities. Beer and pizza.

Eating something would be a good idea. I haven't eaten since 6 last night. Then I was extremely uncomfortable. After meeting some people out for beers after work, we headed over to Big Mommas for more drink and food. I opted for the fish fry. It was good. Not great, but good. Better than what was served at lunch yesterday.

Problem was, the food sat in my stomach like a rock. With more beer going on top of it, I soon became extremely uncomfortable. Sure liquid was going in, but nothing was coming out. Every breath was painful. So I called it an early night.

And sat at home in pain. Heck, even as I slept, it didn't get much better. As I shoveled, I felt somewhat better. Maybe it was the coffee that finally flushed out the system.

But I must remember that for the future. Not fun.

So with all the snow coming, I figure a case of beer should get me through the day. Tomorrow I can walk the block back to Bert's as needed. Right now, I need to go get some pizza.

No comments: