Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Drinkin' and racin' and musicin'

I decided at the last minute to clear the snow from the sidewalk. I'd say there was about a half inch or so out there. Not much but enough to know that if I cleared it away, the sun would bake off the ice glaze underneath and I would have a nice clean sidewalk by the time I got home.

When I got outside I took a left instead of a right. I wanted to shovel away from my neighbor who was cleaning his car. I am not the most chatty person in the morning. Though I consider myself to be a morning person, I rather not waste time talking to people I don't care about. People that I care about and interest me are the exception. I wonder when my assistant will figure this out.

It didn't take long to clear the sidewalks and I had a good feeling when I was done. Even better feeling now that the sun is out and will cause the melt on the rest of it.

I was watching the Daytone 500 when I got a brilliant idea. A NASCAR drinking game. Hey, I didn't say this was an original idea. At least I didn't think so. So I Googled it and found a main "game" with variations. I was pleased to see my idea was different. Not as redneckish. Much simpler but you will get drunk.

See, I noticed that the number of booze sponsors is increasing. Miller, Bud and Coors were already out there. But now Jack Daniels has a car (hey, #07, how 'bout that!). Jim Beam has a car. Crown Royal has a car. We have enough drink to formulate the game. Plus, if we toss in other sponsors like Pepsi, Coke, and Red Bull, we have mixers as well.

This is how I see it. People pick one of the beer or booze cars as their horse. For each number of laps that car is leading the race, you will be able to either 1) if at a bar, have others buy your drinks, or 2) if at a friend's, have them get your drinks for you or do whatever you tell them to do. If none of the beer/booze cars are leading, then you must drink the beer of the lead beer car. If you prefer mixers, then you can drink something of the lead booze car. Each time the lineup changes, your drink changes as well. Any time one of the booze cars takes the lead in the race, everyone does a shot. Any time one of the cars is mentioned by name, you do a shot.

That is the first draft. I know it needs some work, but it is a start.

Still working on my drinking CD as well. Up to 10 songs with the addition of:
Drank too Much by American Dog
Worse Hangover Ever by the Offspring
The Alabama Song by the Doors
Gin & Juice cover by the Gourds

Still looking for ideas. Osh, if you can, send me the song you had mentioned by Skyforger. Send to StB31@hotmail.com . I may have to add a second Thorogood song and maybe some Molly Hatchet.

No comments: