Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Liquid dinner

I didn't think much when the drilling started. The side of my mouth was numb. At least I hoped so. Thus when the drill got in there, I felt a bit of a shock go through my body. I couldn't tell if it was pain or just pressure. I tried not to think about it.

Focus on something else. Hey, the radio is playing the Doors, Touch Me. Wait, most Doors songs only seem to last 2 minutes. That won't help much. Oh great, now the doctor (with what appears to be a diploma from a Polish university on her wall next to one from Marquette) is humming the song.

It was pretty warm in the room. With it being 70 degrees and all (snowbank did perish in the warm weather yesterday) and two women on top of me- and not in a good way- I began to sweat. I think the doctor thought I was worried because she noticed and asked if I was ok. I gurgled an "I'm fine" and they proceeded. Thankfully someone found a fan and turned it on. The room cooled off and so did I.

Just in time for them to put some kind of vice grip into around my tooth. WTF is that? She slipped something around my tooth and then started turning some clamp. I wondered if she had the wrong chart and if I was walking out of there with braces or something. She later explained how they had to fill a cavity on the side of the tooth and had to get some access to it to build a new wall. Uh...ok.

I have at least two more trips to the dentist. That sucks. I brush my teeth every day, but always skipped going to a dentist for a cleaning. Learned my lesson.

Once I got out of there, having heard the "don't chew on that side of your mouth" line again, I knew I needed a beer. Earlier, I had clicked through some links on SnailTrax and found myself craving a beer. Thus my whisky drinking plans were scraped and I found myself drinking Schell Caramel Bock. Nice beer. Smooth with a nice body. Good substitute for food.

Good thing I went to the dentist yesterday. I wouldn't be able to eat steak today. Yes, it is Steak and Blowjob Day. I think I may go hang out at the meat section in the grocery store and pick up chicks after work.

No comments: