Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Next toe

I noticed a pain in my foot yesterday. A tightness of the second toe (one always counts toes from the big toe). Basically where toe meets foot. Next to the ball of the foot. Whenever I would walk, it felt a bit uncomfortable. I racked my brain trying to figure out if I had done anything to my foot over the drunken weekend. Nope. No twisting, dropping, turning.

I had this happen before except to the big toe. That was an attack of the gout. Damn I hope this ain't the same thing. They say it can move to different joints but is it going to get every toe along my foot every 9 months? I hope not.

It also dawned on me that I am following the same process. Today I am wearing dress shoes. Last June, it hurt like a mother when I wore dress shoes. Note to self: Don't wear dress shoes tomorrow! The worst part is, I need to hit the grocery store tomorrow. That is plenty of walking/limping.

Tonight won't be bad because I am going to the dentist once again so she can work on 2 more teeth for 15 minutes. Why she won't get it all done in an hour, I don't know. But at least I get the liquid dinner out of it.

Funny thing happened at work yesterday. Someone got mad at me for making their job a bit easier. Not kidding. I suggested we remove a step from one of their procedures (it was being duplicated), a process that can save up to 6 hours a month, or basically a day the way they work. Immediate reaction was anger. Wait, your job was streamlined. You won't be held responsible for this one task and you are angry?

Man do I hate stupid people.

No comments: