Thursday, March 01, 2007

A weatherman's wet dream

We have all kinds of precipitation going on right now. Heavy snow is coming down now. That will soon turn to rain about noonish. With thunder and lightening. I think all the weathermen in Milwaukee are sporting serious wood today.

All this snow must have been sudden. Usually the county gets a jump on these things and has the freeways plowed and salted. But not today. There is about an inch (minimum) on the roads, with 6-10 on the side where the wind has blown. It makes for one really slow commute. For me to drive the 22 miles to work today, it took one hour, 7 minutes. I drove for 4 miles at 5mph. Top speed was 33 mph. On one road, you would have no clue it was suppose to be 2 lanes.

Maybe the most surprising thing is, I was quite calm and relaxed at the end of the drive. Usually traffic like this would piss me off, with people driving extra slow and careful. I still believe if you are going to drive 10-15 mph and force traffic to move around your vehicle that you should not be on the freeway at all. But I didn't tailgate anyone. Just drove a bit faster when possible, took my own time and was cautious as well.

See. All of those that think I have road rage are totally wrong.

Of course that may change by later today. The high temp is said to be around 39. It better melt this snow by the time I get home.

No comments: