Wednesday, April 18, 2007

How many?





I think I have the 2007 version of the old Tootsie Roll classic "How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop". Sadly it does not involved any licking or receiving a treat after the licking at ensued to a climactic point.


This would be the business version. How many times must a person send a fax to my desk phone before they realize their fax is not going through?


I understand many times that the machine itself will continue to resend the pages again and again. But doesn't the send monitor the fax to make sure it goes through? After 10 minutes, wouldn't you want to look for a confirmation that the fax was received?


So that is how I spent the first hour of my day. Getting annoying fax buzzing in my ear. But I did learn something after watching the commercial. Stay away from turtles. They bite.

Of course, I have to show the parody of the commercial as well.




Yesterday as I was driving to work, I noticed a sheriff's car at the apex of the Hoan Bridge. He appeared to have a car pulled over. As I zipped on by, I noticed there was no one in the car and the trunk was unlatched but not quite open. I figured it was nothing. Car broke down and the person went for help. Funny, they chose to find that help by going over the bridge. Yes, someone jumped off the bridge to their death.

This is the first time I have ever heard of someone doing this. I am not sure why I find that interesting.

Same as why all the Milwaukee stations had to send people to Blacksburg to cover the tragic story. I would assume that means media from all over the country have sent people there. Fact is, I do not care if a professor from UW was there. I do not care if some professors there have ties to this state. These are not stories. How about the local media let these students, faculty, and families deal with this tragedy without all kinds of newspeople around. The media pile on seems ridiculous to me.

I also am disappointed this morning. I see the Def Leppard show isn't on a side stage, but in the Amphitheater. With Foreigner and Styx. Not a bad lineup, but a side stage would have been much better. Just my opin.

Dicky Betts will be at Summerfest if you need to get your fix for southern fried rock. That may be the place to head if you want some good people watching with your good music.

No comments: