Thursday, May 24, 2007

Let the seaons begin!

With an unveiling...this year's shirt.



I can hear some of you already. You are thinking I am going to Hell for this. Bah! I already know that. I am just jockeying for a better seat.

Drinking for Jesus 2007 gets underway. Weather looks like it will be ok tonight. Could rain late but that won't matter when a good buzz has been obtained. Plus, I'll be under a tent.

Not sure exactly what I am doing the rest of the weekend. May end up watching the Indy 500 on Sunday at the local bar. A cookout at a co-workers house is shaping up for Monday. That just leaves Saturday. I am sure something will come up.

I know one thing. I have my work cut out for me. This bit of news came across the wire last night. They say beer sales in the United States are falling off, but that growth worldwide persists. I have been doing my part. But I guess my part is not enough. I must drink some of other people's parts. Wait, that doesn't sound right. I must drink their quota. Meet me at the beer tent.

But before I can enjoy an ice cold beer, I must make it through the day. It is going to be dead at work. At least a third of the people will be out. Business will slow to a crawl after lunch. I will be doing my damnedest not to fall asleep. At least I have a couple of meetings to get me through the morning. I am hoping for the "get out of work early" email that the boss sometimes sends out before holiday weekends.

Remember, Drinking for Jesus 2007 starts tonight. The Tents of Mass Consumption tour kicks off at Immaculate Heart of Mary.

Have a good weekend and rock on with your bad selfs!

No comments: