Friday, June 29, 2007

Day off

It is a day off today. Just like last night I took a day off from drinking. Just wasn't in the right mindset so I decided to save the energy for the weekend. Looking forward to some good music and beer all weekend.

I did get some tickets for the Def Leppard concert tonight. Good seats, not great. Paid just over face value (5 bucks). Seats are just off the middle aisle on the right side. Should have a very good view.

I have seen the Leppard 3 times in the past. None in the glory years of the 80s. I first caught them at Summerfest on the Slang Tour. The amphitheater was maybe half full. It was the 90s and hard rock was on the downside. Plus, Slang didn't sound like any of their other albums. The sound was not the poppy metal that people came to expect. The album is damn good. Especially the song Slang.

A couple years ago, I would drive up to Seymour, Wisconsin to see Def Leppard play at a county fair. I think I paid $10 bucks for the tickets. In true fair fashion, the stage was set up on the race track and they played to a packed audience of about 8000. The racetracks was jammed with people and you could barely move. Great show for being just the second stop on the American tour in support of Euphoria.

Later that summer I would see Def Leppard at the State Fair. This would be one of the most memorable concerts I have ever attended. About 20 minutes into the set, during Animal, they would lose power. In fact, the whole park would lose power when a transformer blew. I think the band knew right away what happened, but the crowd didn't. They were playing the end of Animal, and the crowd was singing right along. "And I want, and I need, and I lust" So when the electricity was gone, they just let the crowd keep going for a couple of minutes before stopping us. About 10 minutes later they were able to get some back up power for the concert and it went on.

So tonight's show should be a great time. I will probably catch Styx and most definitely want to see Foreigner, a favorite from a long time ago.

Tomorrow, I plan on seeing Bang Camaro and may just stick around to watch Slaughter. As much as I like to make fun of Slaughter, I do like the music. I have to give those boys credit for their efforts as they continue to play in front of their fans. Oh yeah, I expect to see some nice slutty rock girls at the show too.

I am not positive I will be down at Summerfest on Sunday. I would like to see Saliva and may see who else I can talk into going down there. I figure someone will want to go. What else are you going to do on a Sunday?

Rock on with your bad selfs!

No comments: