Tuesday, July 17, 2007

That was crap

I took another look at what I posted yesterday and cannot help but think..Man, was that one crappy ass post! No flow, jumping around, not finishing a thought. It hurt my brain to read it. I apologize. I will try to do better.

I wasn't able to get to it until later in the day. If I don't get thoughts out early, I rush later on. By the time I got around to it, lunch had come and gone and I wasn't feeling too good. I knew what was wrong but I didn't quite have the solution. I won't get into details as no one really wants to hear it. I have a plan today to make it all better. It should work.

My favorite alderman has pleaded not guilty to all the charges against him. I don't claim to know whether he is innocent or guilty in any of these matters. I do know two things. One, you do not fight to keep sealed the charges being made if they are pretty solid. And two, what evidence has been discussed has been pretty damning.

Which leads me to wonder about his supporters. Have these people not read the paper, turned on a TV, or listed to a radio about the charges and evidence? The blind support is mind boggling. The latest twist is to make accusations that his civil rights are being violated because there is no bail at this time. Let's see...threaten to kill a man and then make it a severe beat down...continue to make threats while in jail and about how you can get some people hush money so they won't testify against you...and people want this guy out on the streets??? He has continued to make a mockery of the court system. That is not the kind of person you want to give a break to.

The supporters seem to lack common sense. They have ignored McGee's actions at every point. They continue to compare him to other aldermen who have been sent to jail in the last couple of years and play the race card. They ignore the fact that the number of charges and the severity of the charges is different. Very different. It is not the color of his skin. It is the color of his character. Only when you see that he is not a good person can you put him behind and elect an alderman that will serve your part of the city proudly and actually help out its citizens. Help its constituents, not himself.

In the meantime, I know this is just going to keep getting better and better.

No comments: