Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Highway Star

Yes, I was tailgating the car in front of me. But he deserved it. You cannot go 5 mph under the speed limit in the left lane.

So I stayed on his ass. Didn't matter to me if he kept slowing down or hitting his brakes. I am sure the cars behind me were getting angry. I know this clown in front of me wasn't happy as he tried to get me to back off.

See, drivers can play those games and it won't do anything to me. If you are driving in the left lane, you better be going above the speed limit. It is expected. If someone is right behind you, you need to speed up and/or get the hell out of the way.

That is all I wanted. Instead, he would speed up, hit his brakes, slow down and repeat the process. Wouldn't it have been easier for him to just speed up and change lanes, thus allowing faster traffic to get on by. I am sure he would have felt better. Instead he is probably bitching to his coworkers about what some asshole riding up his butt on the freeway.

The funny part to me is the same thing would happen to me about 10 miles later. A Lexus got on the freeway and proceeded to get right behind me in the left lane. Though I was doing about 70, he wanted to go faster. So I slowed down, hit my brakes and shook my fist changed lanes and allowed him to get on by.

I would then catch up to the Lexus at my exit and follow him in to work. Minutes later I would run into this driver, a guy I used to work with. He looked at me and asked if that was me in the convertible. I replied that it must have been him in the Lexus. He laughed and asked if I had flipped him off when he went by. I chuckled and told him not at all. I got out of your way and allowed someone who wanted to drive faster to get on by. He told me that is how it should be and how he hates it when people don't let faster cars get on by.

See, I am not the only one that follows that rule of the road. Now if only others would.

The Brewers beat the Mets last night keeping their slim lead in the NL Central. Most fans have been grousing about giving up a 7 game lead over the past couple of weeks. It have been quite frustrating watching the bullpen give up leads and blow saves. The bullpen was the strength of this team early on. For Coco to be blowing saves is aggravating since he was a shutdown pitcher.

But on the flip side, it is only the beginning of August. There are two months of baseball left which means there is plenty of time to get the bullpen back into a groove and winning ball games. It is way too early for everyone to be panicking. I am still enjoying the season. Just drinking a bit more when they give up those late inning runs and blow some games. With a nice little homestand, they can get it back together and get some more victories. Either which way, let's enjoy the season and go have some fun at the ballpark.

No comments: