Monday, December 24, 2007

It isn't over until we say it is!

Turn on your speakers. Sit back and listen to another Christmas classic. Oh you don't have to watch the video. It sucks. But the song is good.



I am one of the few at work today. I volunteered to be here. The hardest part was getting out of bed. Yesterday was a brutally cold, blustery day. If you didn't have to go outside, you didn't. That wind would rip right through you.

So it was on the drive home that it hit me. I was lucky enough to be invited to celebrate Christmas with my good friend, the Wig. It had been quite a while since I had last seen him and his family. With nothing going on except the Packers game, I realized it was a great opportunity to go see him and the kids. Plus, I knew somewhere back in the deepest darkest part of my brain, that it was the key to Cowboys victory. I hadn't gone up to the bar for the first Bears game and they lost. Maybe if I don't go to the bar for the second game....? Yep, all me! Not that I am superstitious or anything. Hey, I had to walk around my truck 3 times to check for snow. No ritual there!

I had a great time at the Wig's house. His wife is fantastic, a great cook and a joy to be around. His kids were well behaved and fun to watch. Thanks again for inviting me into your house to share the holiday.

Whenever the family does Christmas early, it always feels like it is done right away before the rest of the world celebrates. As I joked with a friend, it made me feel like the Jewish kid in the neighborhood. But just like last year, I spoke too soo again this year. Today I will join friends at the bar in the somewhat ritualistic Christmas Eve get together. Though not quite as special as in the previous years, it is still a good time. Tomorrow I will go to my father's house and probably get grilled about why my brother and sister are not speaking to him. I just hope his wife was kidding about playing Scrabble or Monopoly.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas. Rock on with your bad selfs!

No comments: