Sunday, December 23, 2007

Schadenfreude

That is what I said to my friend yesterday at the end of the Cowboys game. I was at a bar where everyone suddenly thought it was the Green Bay Panthers playing the Cowboys. Thus when Terrell Owens got hurt and they got happy- until the Cowboys won of course- I told my friend Schadenfreude can come back to haunt you.

Now I smile as I see the scroll on the bottom of the screen during the Patriot/Dolphins game.

GB 7 Chi 35 Dal clinches homefield advantage.

Everyone thought it was simple. With Owens out and the Cowboys banged up, they would lose to Washington and Green Bay would have homefield advantage. They forgot that the Packers had to still play their games.

Thank you Chicago Bears. You have delivered Cowboys fans an early Christmas present.

No comments: