Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Scattered

My thoughts are all over the map today. I think the headless car in front of me threw me off today. I followed the little gray car for about 6 miles. From my point of view it looked like there was no one driving. All there was on the driver's side was a headrest. If I hadn't seen a reflection in the mirror every once in a while I would have sworn it was a remote controlled vehicle. If you are so short that people cannot see the top of your head, you shouldn't be driving let alone be doing 70 down the freeway. At least sit on a phone book.

I made a damn good twice cooked pork last night. I had an idea in my head when I was shopping on Saturday. I got a nice pork shoulder which I intended to toss in a crock pot and cook all day. For once I thought ahead and said to myself "Self, get some cabbage and onion. You can throw the leftover pork in the wok along with the cabbage and onions. You have the sauces at home- chili, plum soy- so that should taste very good." Well, it did. I thought it was fantastic. The right amount of spice added to the vegetables and pork. Best part was I forgot to add an ingredient so next time it should be even better. When I cooked the pork on Saturday, I kept the juices from the pork. I had intended to mix about 6 ounces of the pork juice with some water and add it to the dish. I thought it would add to the sauce. Most recipes online mention to add chicken stock to something like this so I figured the pork stuff would work just as well. Next time I do my best to remember this part. I believe it will only make it taste better.

After watching Rock of Love 2, I had a great idea for a new show for Vh1. They should reverse the process and have members of bands from the 80s compete for a beautiful woman. Think about it. Have some hot chick be the prize that guys who played in Motley Crue, Quiet Riot, Ratt, Dokken, Whitesnake, Great White, Kiss, AC/DC, White Lion, Warrant, Cinderella, Def Leppard, Extreme, Tesla, Queensryche, Krokus, Jackyl, Faster Pussycat, even Poison, make fools out of themselves as they try to "win" the lady. I think it would be hilarious. If only a lot of these bands hadn't gotten back together to make easy money on the road, they would still be hard up for a buck and may do a show like this. Actually, I think you could do the show with a bunch of cover bands as well. Get guys who perform in bands dedicated to those above to be the contestants. I am sure some of their egos are just as big.

My watch battery died sometime early Sunday morning. I didn't realize it until about 10 on Monday. My wrist felt naked without it yesterday. I did notice my "watch tan" is now gone. The arm is back to normal white boy color. Time for the sun to get warm and do its job again.

One last add. I don't understand why Packer fans are all excited about being on Monday Night Football 3 times this year. The paper made a deal out of it like it was a sign of respect. Actually, it is the opposite. MNF has become a dog game of the week the past two years since Sunday Night Football came along. Sunday night is the game of the week, at least in theory. It is now the night you want to play, not on Mondays. Playing on Monday means you have to wait another day to see a crappy game.

No comments: