Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursday thoughts

70 degrees in May is so much nicer than 70s degrees in August
***

I don't have to work tomorrow. Score!

***

With all the Harleys in town, one needs to be extra careful when driving. I saw someone just about clip a biker yesterday when he changed lanes. I guess he assumed because he didn't see a car that there was no one there. Thankfully no one was hurt. And that someone was NOT me.

***

It is like playing license state bingo with all the bikes on the road. I saw KY, TN, NY, WI, and CT yesterday. It is tough to pick out the little state letters on a bike when driving.

***

I would like to know who the genius is that asked the riders not to rev their bikes so as to keep the noise down for the people in the neighborhoods and on the road. That is like asking:
  • Me to skip the free samples at the end of a beer tour
  • Me not to look at the girl lifting her shirt to show her magnificent rack
  • A kid with money not to buy anything in the candy store
  • A cop not to eat donuts
Go ahead, add on, its fun

***

Why can people not have a logical conversation about race? Everyone pulls in assumptions about what the other thinks instead of looking at the argument and responding in a rationale manner.

***

As much as I look forward to the Foo Fighters show tomorrow, I can shake the feeling of dread trying to find a place to park. At least I am not concerned about traffic after the show. I haven't hit up the bars on Brady Street in a long time.

***

I feel like sleeping after a heavy carbo loaded lunch. Ok, maybe not as much as I feel like sleeping as I don't feel like working.

***

I may go straight to the bar after work today. Or maybe go home and change clothes and then go straight to the bar.

***

Hey! Duggle has a funny comment! Funnier, for once he is correct. sigh

1 comment:

DuggleBogey said...

That is like asking:

A non-libertarian not to grow the government.

You're right, it is fun!