Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Grateful for still being on this rock

Another year goes by and my feet are still walking upon this rock hurtling through space. There have been many highs and lows but I think I have done pretty good in life. I have made many people happy, some people sad, but my intent has been good. Most of the time that is. I am not a perfect man but never claimed to be. I try to treat people the way I would like to be treated. Give when you can and take only when needed. There are things you do in life just because you know it is right. I am not one to attract attention to myself. If I can make someone a bit happier than I know I have done good.

I have been lucky enough to become friends with some great people around this country. Years ago I would have never guessed I could claim to have friend in all four corners of the United States. Best of all I have people I can confide in, people that will lend a hand when needed, people that will tell me when I am being an ass and when I am not. Good friends can rein you in, tell you that you are being a dick and get you to understand why you need to stop.

I am grateful to know these various groups of friends. I thank you all for your kindness and generosity. I am can only hope I have been as kind and generous in return.

3 comments:

James Wigderson said...

Happy birthday, Steve. How does it feel to be 40.

BamBam said...

A very Happy Birthday to you Sir!

For your present, may I suggest you feel free to extend your friendships out to North of the border as well!

AletaR said...

Happy 40th! May you always know that you are also a great friend. Who else would be able to tell me that my finger nail polish does not match my toenail polish and get away with it. Here's to 40 more great birthdays.