Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Scary dream

I had a nightmare yesterday. I dreamt that I was going to Las Vegas and missed my flight. Not running-at-the-airport-jumping-over-suitcases-like-OJ missed my flight but I-just-got-home-from-the-bar-and-my-flight-is-at-3:32-and-it-is-3:32-right-now missed my flight. As the dream went, I had been at the bar and came home to pack my bags for my flight later that night. I double checked my ticket and saw that my flight was leaving just as I looking at the ticket. My brother (what the hell was he doing there?) got on the phone to call the airline. He told me they refunded my ticket price. As he said that, I looked up and saw a monitor showing arrivals and departures. By “Las Vegas” it read “Refunded”.

I don’t which is the weird part of the dream. Leaving a bar earlier than 3:32 in the afternoon, my brother calling the airline, the monitor in my kitchen giving me a live update or an airline refunding the price of my ticket.

I guess that is what happens when you go to bed early. With the dip in temperature over the past couple of days I was forced to turn the furnace on early. I had the thermostat set at 58. If the inside temp would drop that far then I would turn the heat on. When I got home from work it was 39 degrees outside. Inside the thermostat read 58. But the furnace wasn’t on. So I went about my business and around 6:30 noticed it was still chilly. I checked and it was about 57. I turned the thermostat up to 64 to get the chill out of the air. Half hour later I noticed I didn’t hear the furnace still. Oh shit!

I went down to check the furnace. No blinking lights showing something was wrong. Then I realized there were no lights. To the fuse box! Well, actually the circuit breakers. Yep, the furnace was on off. Click and it fired up. Still not the kind of surprise I need at the beginning of winter.

I then went back upstairs to watch Chuck and Heroes. I noticed the cat sitting on the couch sleeping on the blanket. I decided to let him sleep though my feet were pretty cold. I hate wearing socks in the house so I tried to survive with cold feet. That didn’t last so I figured I could hop into bed where it would be warm. So after Heroes ended so did I. I slept pretty well to. Until the vampires upstairs woke me up. Sonsabitches!

No comments: