Saturday, February 06, 2010

The return

I am not sure why I bothered to get some work done today. The system was buggy and responding very slowly, if it responded at all. I guess I realized there wasn't that much to do and I could get it done quickly if I focused on the task at hand. Get it done quickly. I couldn't have been more wrong. Wronger? Very wrong? Bah! To hell with English and grammar.

I stopped into the old watering hole yesterday after work. With the rumors I had heard I didn't want to spend much time in there. If things do go down it could be messy for anyone in the bar at the time. But I have friends that work there so I wanted to see them again. Plus I was curious to see if the place had changed during the ban.

Turns out them spent some of the time wisely. Parts of the bar were painted, including the restrooms. They replaced the bar stools and cleared out some of the clutters. The walls looked naked with any shot special posters or beer signs. The kitchen had some changes as well which meant a new menu. Prices are higher but supposedly the quality of the food is much better so it will be interesting to see how it works out.

The clientele seemed to have shifted again. More of a gang banger crowd. Too much rap being played for my taste last night. I will probably stop in again some time soon. I will need to see if I won any money in the Super Bowl pool.

No comments: