Friday, July 23, 2010

Lots of rain

Say it how you like. Lots of rain. Shitload of rain. Asston of rain. Bottom line is that there is quite a bit of water around the metro Milwaukee area. More of it is on the way tonight.

So stock up on your booze before it hits.

I spent some time looking at the damage done. Cars under water. SUVs in sinkholes. People paddling boats down their street. It is pretty devastating.

This reminds me to take a look at my own basement tonight. I probably should have gone down there last night when I heard the sump pump go off. But that was the problem. I was more in awe that the sump pump was actually on.

My sump pump is rarely needed. My house is on the highest point of the block. All water goes down and collects in the middle of the block. I stay dry.

For my sump pump to be triggered means there has been an asston of rain. Honestly, this is the second time I am aware that is needed to do its job. The first time I recall wondering what the hell that sound was. I can hear it clearly in the southeast corner of my living room. I went down to the basement tracking the sound. That is when I found the the well. I didn't know it was there.

So when it went on last night, I kinda chuckled. I then felt a bit relieved that it did still work. Still, I need to take another look to make sure something else hasn't happened. Then I can go to the bar.

No comments: