Monday, August 02, 2010

Busy month ahead

I am not one to plan a lot of things out. If you would look at my calendar, you would find a lot of open dates. Sure bigger events get put down right away- trips, concerts, sporting events- but for the most part I like to keep my options open.

Not this month. August 2010 is loaded with stuff. The only weekend I have open is the first one. I ma hauling my butt from place to place after that. Minneapolis, Vegas, Lake Kegonsa. If I don't have a trip listed I have other things that need to be done. Take car in, get a haircut, eye exam. This seems like a bit too much.

Sure, some of you are planners. You probably have trips listed for 2011 already. Not me. I like to go with spontaneity. Usually the only thing I would have listed beyond the next month would be the December Vegas trip. I just don't get how you people do it.

The most I plan is what beer I may take on a trip. Then the trick is not to consume it while in my possession.

Speaking of which, this may be the first time I went on a camping trip and came back with more beer than I took with me. Mind you, I am not complaining. Had a good time. Was able to disconnect with the world thanks to poor AT&T reception in the woods. I have come to expect and appreciate not having access to the world on those weekends. It helps to relax. If you can't find it on the radio then you probably didn't need to know it happened.

1 comment:

AletaR said...

I have my Arizona Brewers camp penciled in on my calendar for 2011. But our calendar for the next two months looks like twenty people wrote on it. I'm double booked for some things.