Monday, November 29, 2010

Back to work

Yesterday seemed like one endless pint of beer. From drinking the Nutcracker holiday wheat at the Horny Goat Hideaway all afternoon, I didn't feel done when I got home. So I walked down the street and picked up some Schells Zommerfest. Drank that down and felt like I could have some more. If I didn't have to work today that just might have been an option.

Instead I was up early and dragging my butt into work. After 4 days away it sure was a rough one. There was little on my calendar but that didn't mean I had nothing to do. With 2 full days of meetings ahead, I knew I could work to get a bunch of stuff done today if I put my nose to the grind. Plus, I knew that the big boss would need something done quickly and I was ready for the quick turnaround even though it came down 10 minutes before I was leaving work.

Come to think of it, I need to check in on that.

No comments: