Sunday, January 23, 2011

Good and less good

About to head out for some football. It has been a rough year for this Cowboys fan. Very little went well for us. To an extent, it is good the season is over.

But now I need to deal with my surroundings. That means dealing with the Bears and Packers fans. I know people rooting for both teams so I try to be neutral around both of them.

I think the Packers are going to win this game. They are the better team. The much better team. But if they do win, I have to deal with 2 more weeks of never-ending stories about the team. And suddenly every one is the biggest fan on the planet. Plus it brings out the obnoxiousness in some people.

But I can deal with that. People around me feeling good and being happy is a small price to pay for others being dickheads. Should the Bears win though, some humbleness among the Packer fans would be welcome.

Either way, good luck to everyone today. I am hoping for some good football games.

No comments: