Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Perishables

Sometimes I wonder if I am too practical for my own good. I had seeing things go to waste and will alter my habits to ensure it does not. A good example would be what I ate for dinner so far this week.

I am heading out of town for a few days. I noticed I had some perishables in the fridge. Breakfast sausage, ground beer, bread, cheese, and milk. There is little chance any of this food will be good when I got back so in my mind, I had to clear it out this week.

I had cheeseburgers on Monday to take care of the ground beef. Not sure it was still good but it was still somewhat pink before I tossed it on the GF grill. Tuesday had me eating sausage and eggs for dinner. I cooked half sausage roll and greedily chowed it down with 5 eggs. I ate too much that night. Tonight I ate cereal just to get rid of the milk. I'll be eating cereal tomorrow morning and will use the rest of the milk in my coffee. I don't like milk in my coffee. Has to be cream.

Not some might be thinking why I just didn't toss things into the freezer and just thaw it out to eat next week. Simple. I didn't think about it until I was typing this.

No comments: