Sunday, November 13, 2011

Bye Oktoberfest, hello Winter Ales

Sadly, I think my Marzen quest is over. The winter ale season is upon us now. Sure I could probably scoop up some Oktoberfest beers on the cheap as they clear them out but who wants to drink old beer? I still think that was the problem with the Beck's Oktoberfest. It sat around too long and got skunky.

Thinking ahead to winter ales, I did try one the other week. Bells Winter White Ale. Very good. They merged a Belgian White into a winter ale and pulled it off. Very well done.

Drinking a sample of winter ales won't be easy. At least that is how I perceive it. I know Capital Brewing makes a good one, Skal. Sprecher makes a decent winter brew. But beyond that I am not too familiar with any others. Looks like I may have to do a search for this style.

1 comment:

AletaR said...

Stop Drinking Now
A New Way To Help Alcoholics Stop Drinking In Just 8 Weeks!

Ha! This was an ad on your post.
I read your blog and then find amusement in the ads.