Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thursday thoughts

I checked on the lawnmower yesterday. Pulled it out, was ready to yank on the handle when I figured I should check to see if there is any gas in the tank. Dry. Grab the gas can. Dry. No starting this baby up tonight.

********
I wondered how long it would take to hear it. Yesterday was Administrative Professionals Day (when did "secretary" become a bad word?). What did I get mine? Nothing. I have my reasons. But the company sent flowers to all of them. She made some noise upon receiving them. I was busy at the time and ignored her flagrant attempts to be noticed. Ok, I didn't care. Today she had to bring it up. Guess what, I still don't care.

********
Kind of like the other made up holiday this past weekend. What did you do for Earth Day? I was good. I enjoyed the sun and watched a ball game. I did my part by placing one of the plastic bottles in the recycling bin at the stadium. I am sure the workers will get the ones under my seat into the bin when they do their job. I also gave the earth a nice massage by driving around.

********
Music recently played in my car:

  1. Shaw Blades- Influence
  2. American Dog- Hard
  3. Pantera- Best of
  4. Queensryche- Operation Mindcrime
  5. Helloween- Keeper of the 7 keys- The Legacy

********

While I played some poker yesterday, they kept playing commercials for a Josh Groban concert at the Bradley Center. Who the fuck in Josh Groban and am I the only one who doesn't know who he is?

Hmmm...considering what I have listened to lately, it is understandable.

********
Last night I brushed my teeth earlier than I normally do. About 10 minutes later I was longing for a beer. I had to know if the Sam Adams Cherry Wheat was good or if it could fool half of your taste buds.

It was good. I recommend it to everyone who wants a refreshing new taste. That ain't so new.

********
Drinking beer after brushing your teeth is not as bad as drinking orange juice after brushing your teeth.

********
It is bring your brat kid to work day here. Big whoop!

********
Been watching the UFC shows for the past couple of years. Saturday's fights on Spike were pretty good. Looking forward to the latest edition of the Ultimate Fighter tonight. Until then you can get your fix at UFC Junkie.

********
There must be some kind of personality test given to all participants in reality TV shows. Anyone that scores high on narcissism must immediately move to the top of the pack. I don't know why I am so surprised at the number of people on these shows that are so full of themselves. The formula must be narcissism + assholeyness = fake TV star that people hate.

********
So close to the draft on Saturday. It amazes me how the NFL has made the draft such an event while others sports' drafts are a yawn. For me, it is a taste of football, if even for just a couple of hours. It helps build the anticipation for August.

Plus it doesn't hurt that I spend most of Saturday drinking beer and eating wings at Hooters.

********
I keep forgetting to send an email to the Wig about some bad news I encountered at the stadium on Friday. It may jostle his world for a bit but he would get over it after a tear or two. Maybe I will remember today.

********
More thoughts added just before noon.

I would rather be having a nooner that sitting here at work. Hell, everyone is thinking that.

********
I will get a disc burned for you Jo. I can give it to you over beers tonight.

********
I am surprised that I have not taken the lazy approach to signing my name. Hell, my name is on a lot of documents for a number of companies. Why haven't I taken to using what I call the "lazy line". You have seen it. A stroke of the pen up and then to the right. Some get fancy and go with a loop and the line. Yesterday, I saw a signature that looked like a "G".

I guess I am not a lazy line kinda guy. I have honed the artistry that is my signature over the years. I am not giving that up.

********
Do I take it easy and stay in tonight or go drink beer before karaoke starts? A quick look at the calendar shows nothing for tomorrow. I remember last week it was the same and then the shit hit the fan. What to do....

********
Not that anyone would care but lunch consisted of a club sandwich and chili with dessert being an ice cream sandwich. Chili and sandwich were great. Ice cream sucked because it melted.

********
other thoughts at 2:10

2:10? That is half of 4:20. Maybe we should declare that to be a drinking time. Everyone does a shot at 2:10.

********
Forgot to mention this earlier. Am I the only one that likes a good monkey rumble? I have been recording each episode of Planet Earth. I highly recommend people see it. Fascinating stuff. Anyways...in the Jungle episode, they talked about the chimpanzee at the end. How a posse can range up to 150 members and how they are territorial. When the number of members in the posse gets high, they expand their territory. So they show these chimps move off to the edge of their territory and wait.

Oh yes! I know know what is about to happen...Monkey Rumble!!!! I even said that aloud. Sure enough, they take off through the jungle making noise and attacking the other gang of monkeys, driving them off of the trees and claiming their found sources. They even ate some of the chimps they killed. Yep, for reasons people do not know, monkeys cannibalize their enemy.
********

With the Kentucky Derby coming up, I heard about some tribute to Barbaro has been set up. Yeah, let's all get together to talk about a dead horse. Be warned though, it will be emotional. WTF people??? It was a horse. It didn't create a cure for AIDS. It didn't begin peace talks to end a war. It was an animal that ran in a circle. Is that what we have become? People who worship animals that run circles?

********
Anyone up for a game of Beer Hunter?

No comments: